So this is a blog!

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my blog which I'm writing to look at things that take my fancy with a Christian twist, I am nowhere near the last authority on any of this, that's the Bible, God's word, but I thought I'd share my thoughts so that you might have something to think about or share with friends.

God Bless

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 14: New scenery

I've only been back in Geneva for two weeks and I'm already off back to York for some wonderful studying... if it happens. Anyway I thought I would take this opportunity to talk about our every changing scenery of a life and how Jesus, and God, remain the same throughout it.
We go on a lot about how God was, is and will be in Church either in sermons or worship and I don't know about you but it doesn't really drive home sometimes what we are on about. As humans we have a fleeting life in comparison with the Universe, even the Earth. Yet we moan about the length of the day, sit in awe as we discuss how quickly a year has gone by and wonder if that boring hour long lecture will ever end. We don't really have a firm grasp on what time is. Looking at it one way, if the Earth was twenty years old man has not been around for more than an eye blink really. We are small and tiny compared to everything but our God has been there for ever, He was there when the Earth was nothing more than inkling in the corner of His mind.
Anyhow though that's not why I'm on about here, we as humans live in an ever changing world and it is easy to get swept up in it all if we don't pay attention, or have a rock to stand on. To use a verse that is otherwise used in normality:
48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. -Luke 6:48
By putting our trust in Jesus we are building our lives on that rock. We are making sure that when the flood of the world comes sweeping in we will stand firm and hold true to who we are. Especially when we live in a world where finding yourself and being confident in your own image is important, being able to stand and say "I am found in Christ" is something that can set us apart, or rather will set us apart. We can't be constant through life because we are always growing, changing but what we can be is resolute in our greatest relationship with the unchanging Lord, yes unchanging. I think that is something we need to recognize daily really, I'm not expecting it because it is difficult to do something daily but we can only try and remember God's grandeur everyday.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment