So this is a blog!

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my blog which I'm writing to look at things that take my fancy with a Christian twist, I am nowhere near the last authority on any of this, that's the Bible, God's word, but I thought I'd share my thoughts so that you might have something to think about or share with friends.

God Bless

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 11: a well rounded heart

Our salvation is something we are happy with, I agree it's amazing and something I take have a great appreciation and comfort in but why are we happy with it? We concentrate on the side that says God loves us indefinitely and each person greatly, but what about the flip side. The other side of the coin says this: We were/are so broken, so fallen from what God had planned for us that we need someone Him to come and die for us so that we can be reconciled with Him. There was no way back for us so God had to kill Himself as Jesus so that we could be with Him. Now that is amazing but it shouldn't make us feel great about ourselves, which leads me to wonder why we hold ourselves in high regard and hope we can shed light on others people's lives. I'm guilty of this, I constantly think I know more than people and weigh in on conversations that don't need me and I'm content with who I am, I always will be because I have for the longest time had an attitude off "go with the flow". I suppose in many ways I'm flawed from a mental and physical point of view (slightly overweight and ginger) but what I can only be amazed at is the fact that because of Jesus my soul whilst it is still flawed, looks perfect to God. A lot of the time we sit back in our comfort that Jesus has sorted everything out, that's wrong.
Rogue new paragraph. We cannot sit back in comfort since we are saved and I think we lie to ourselves when we say we can't do anything. I completely understand, and agree, that we cannot save ourselves but that does not mean we cannot become better people and  that we cannot strive to be better. We like to say people a heart for something like serving, social action or teaching, but a heart has never been capable of feeling on thing or ever been fixed on one thing. We care too much for people exercising their passion for one thing sometimes and forget to let people grow into well rounded Christians. I'll put my hand up and say there are people who teach who I think shouldn't but just because they aren't that great doesn't mean that they can't keep trying.
Encouragement is key here. We praise people who do well and are good at things but I think we are slowly losing the memory of helping people out who aren't good at something. I for some reason unbeknownst to me constantly get told I can bring a smile to people's faces, I don't know why to save my life. I'm not trying to  boast but I think if we can nurture that in people then perhaps we can start growing well rounded people again. If we can bring about a heart for encouragement of the strugglers into our hearts then perhaps we'll see the world shine more.
I suppose my challenge for myself and others today is to stop concentrating on what people are good at all the time but to look at what someone doesn't do well and help them grow there. The allure to start getting annoyed with people after looking at their bad points all the time is there but that is why we shouldn't lose sight of what people do well.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment