So this is a blog!

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my blog which I'm writing to look at things that take my fancy with a Christian twist, I am nowhere near the last authority on any of this, that's the Bible, God's word, but I thought I'd share my thoughts so that you might have something to think about or share with friends.

God Bless

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 9: Being prepared

I've been talking about having the Lord in your life and giving your life to Him so that you may not succumb to the terrors this world will throw at us. I suppose I should tentatively sum up what has been an interesting week of trying to find a lesson each day. So here goes:
God is awesome, quite simple really, but He goes beyond what we imagine Him capable of. I suppose my lesson today on being prepared is quite simple from a Christian context; trust in God and He shall guide you and equip you better than you could. This however sounds easy but in all honest when I say trust in God, I mean give Him your all and don't hold even an atom back. Now that is a tall order.
I suppose when I say be prepared, it first comes to mind being prepared to face the world but I realize now that what I should be talking about is being prepared to give it all up for God, and to God.
We tend to gloss over this subject in many respects and so don't really give it the thought it should get. I'm actually trying to figure out how I should tackle this subject but the only thing I can think of is that God has great plans for us and He really does want what is best for us so we should cast out that fear of helplessness and not being in control and truly give it all up to Him. I'm sorry that this isn't really a guide on how to do it, nor are there any pointers but I'll tell you one thing. Pray. Pray with your heart behind it, don't hold back and say what you mean because when you do I am certain you are tuning into God's will and you'll see it come out in what you say.
Lord, I couldn't be more thankful for what you have done for me. You are slowly changing me into a better person and you are creating something new which I know nothing about. All I can ask for is this, that your will be done in my life. I hope that when the time comes I shall not be afraid of what you test me with or how you transform me but rather I can stand strong  in the knowledge of who you are and grow because of it. There is a world out there packed with people who don't know you, and I mean don't know you in their hearts, and when you are ready to send me out into the world daily to profess your name to them, send me because Here I Am Lord, here I am. 
Take this life, make it new and don't let me forgot what you have done for me! Amen.

God Bless
 

No comments:

Post a Comment