So this is a blog!

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my blog which I'm writing to look at things that take my fancy with a Christian twist, I am nowhere near the last authority on any of this, that's the Bible, God's word, but I thought I'd share my thoughts so that you might have something to think about or share with friends.

God Bless

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 2: Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
So erm... I was going to write about relaxing in the Lord and doing things you want to do and not need to do but it was turning into a self righteous talk justifying the way I live life and sounding slightly angry so I stopped because I could see it doing more harm than good. So instead I give you a post about the Lord having plans for us, which is infinitely better!
We live in a world where the "I" must always be in control, if something isn't working the way we want it to then something is wrong. I can easily say I haven't experienced this enough during my Christian life to say it is amazing to completely surrender it all to God but considering all that I do already know about Him and have experienced during the past year can only lead me to know that if, and when, I do totally surrender something to Him, it will be the most wondrous experiences yet. Now if any Christians are reading this then they are probably thinking "Wait a sec there, surely you give your life to Him everyday! That's what being a Christian is all about!" Well yes it is, but be honest with yourself here have you ever sat down and given up the whole day to the Lord, I'm not saying just the big things, I mean absolutely everything. Did you listen to all the promptings He gave you, acted on the lessons He taught you and behaved the way He has showed us to? So yeah, I can say I've never been able to give over something entirely to the Lord but by the grace of God when I do that will be a moment I shan't forget. God holds some great plan for each and everyone of us and yeah it does make freewill a bit of an oddball to mix in, but here's my ten pence on the matter. We choose to follow that plan, we choose to give up control, we choose to let Him guide us and lead us where ever that may be to. So at the end of the day it is our choice but be honest now, after re-reading the opening quote of this, can you say it is not the better choice to give it all up?
And that is my challenge/lesson for today. Why should I/we not be giving our lives to God everyday? Because He holds such a better plan for our lives than we could imagine, we have to stop trying to live our lives in the knowledge that we know best but by the knowledge that He knows best. So yeah, I'm not advocating that you should sit down before you pray and pray that God will guide your prayer but rather act your life in the way God wants you to and has taught you to. Some people wear a band that says "What would Jesus do?" well He would be perfect all the time, so I'm going to ask you to think of something a little simpler to meet "What would Jesus want you to do?" Hopefully we will all someday live a life where we can meet what Jesus wants us to do 90% of the time and do it happily.

Lord, thank you that you have plans for me and for the world as a whole. I ask that you could help me to submit to this plan whenever possible and to live my life as you would want me to because, to be frank, I couldn't live it any better even if I made all the right choices. I once again surrender my life to you Lord and I pray that this time You can keep it all and that I don't hold even an atom back from you. It's a joy to live for you and I shall continue to do so and continue to spread to others this joy. Keep protecting me Lord as I know you do already so I can continue to be confident in You. Thank you Lord, Amen.

As a side note I hadn't come up with this topic until I turned away from facebook to write it and a friends picture caught my attention. It inspired me to talk about this and I like to think it was in His plans that I do this rather than what I had previously thought of. Thank God I didn't follow my impulses and angry emotions but calmed down and found this gem.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment