So this is a blog!

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my blog which I'm writing to look at things that take my fancy with a Christian twist, I am nowhere near the last authority on any of this, that's the Bible, God's word, but I thought I'd share my thoughts so that you might have something to think about or share with friends.

God Bless

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 7: Words

Today's post isn't going to be as much of a life lesson or as much of a challenge to people I don't think.
Words are a funny thing, we use them daily but sometimes we don't use them correctly. In the English language we have such words as amazing, wonderful, huge, enormous, unimaginable and many others like these, but today these words are used to describe things much smaller than what they are capable of describing which is why we talk about a new puppy with the same words as the grand canyon to stretch an example.
We constantly say God is indescribable, well that's true but it's more true now-a-days as words slowly start to lose their original grandeur. I suppose I just want to ask that people think about the words they are using,  I'm all for optimism and exaggeration for comic effect but when we start being able to use the a fore mentioned words in everyday situations then are we really using them properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment