So this is a blog!

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my blog which I'm writing to look at things that take my fancy with a Christian twist, I am nowhere near the last authority on any of this, that's the Bible, God's word, but I thought I'd share my thoughts so that you might have something to think about or share with friends.

God Bless

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Testimony

This isn't my testimony nor anyone else's, I thought I should mention this straight away.
Testimonies are a powerful thing and are our strongest weapon when we profess the good news of Christ. This is mainly because Jesus, God and the world of the Bible all seem far away from our lives now but the reality is they aren't and that's what we can show people through our testimonies. That the power of Christ is living today and can affect anyone no matter what situation they are in. Yesterday I heard one of the more powerful testimonies I have heard during my past year in the company of Christians. It was someone who had truly been into dark places, wrestled with God and come out with a much stronger faith than before. I couldn't ever understand that, I've led a blessed life without such trials and tribulations but no matter how far apart our stories are we both have a tale which somebody can relate to. If it's somebody looking to find why God let them suffer and how He could love them then my friends testimony is more relevant but if you are somebody who has lead an average life then mine could be better, either way your testimony is something unique to your relationship with God. It's how you came to know Him, and nobody can ever take that away from you.
I was intending to write a lot more about your testimony being a powerful weapon when evangelising but I think if we live with our testimonies and let the world see that God can act through any situation that will be all the greatness we need to have by our side.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment