So this is a blog!

Hello to anyone reading this! This is my blog which I'm writing to look at things that take my fancy with a Christian twist, I am nowhere near the last authority on any of this, that's the Bible, God's word, but I thought I'd share my thoughts so that you might have something to think about or share with friends.

God Bless

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Evangelism?

How did you affect someone's life today? Not much to your knowledge, maybe you've done nothing evangelical today or you've just kept clammed shut about Jesus. Well done, because I think you've just done something amazing. No honestly, I do. I don't believe in actively announcing Jesus's arrival everyday, I think it's silly. I know it's important and that it's something we are called to; evangelism, but you know what taking a day to spend on yourself is also important, me time is probably more important than everyone else time. I don't mean that you should prioritise yourself over others, but we all need to take time out to make sure that we are in the right place with Jesus. Our day should simply be split into three parts, Jesus time, everyone else time and sleep. Sometimes though we put too much of an importance of making relationships with everyone that we forget about the most important one. I'm a prime example, I know a lot of people, I like getting to know people but if I'm honest I have a tendency to forget Jesus and it's not right, I should be able to put people down for Jesus not Jesus down for people.
Now I'm not going to make this one long but I want to emphasize that you should be leading lives for Jesus, that means He should be the most important thing in your live, in fact whilst you have Jesus time and everyone else time, Jesus should be in your everyone else time! He should be in every aspect of your life, that's how much He deserves from us, note that He doesn't require it, He DESERVES it! But I just wanted to draw away from the constant emphasis that our whole lives should be evangelising but in fact we can spend it sorting out our relationship with Jesus and God because being right with that relationship and working properly in it will be a thousand times more effective than any spoken word evangelism. However do not be afraid to speak up for what is right or neglect sharing your faith because if no word is spoken then how can we be messengers?
In summation work towards a good, working relationship with God and because of it evangelise, do not leave Jesus out of any part of your lives and don't be afraid to speak the Good News of Jesus Christ or stand up for His message. I am not saying this from the point of view of someone who's got it all down but from the view point of someone who knows where he is lacking and sees where the ideal might be. I don't want you to leave this blog thinking evangelism isn't important, it is but being right with God and your relationship with Him is more so.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment